Should it be determined from the letter of inquiry that a clear fit with the Trust’s interests exists, an applicant may be asked to submit a complete proposal. All proposals are first reviewed by Trust staff to determine eligibility and appropriateness for further consideration. A request for additional information may then be made of the applicant organization, and a site visit may be arranged as circumstances dictate. Applicants may also contact Trust staff for assistance in the development of a formal request. The application packet should minimally include the following:
- A completed standardized Application Cover Sheet (which may be obtained on this web-site).
- One unbound copy of the proposal with a clear description of the project, what it is designed to achieve and how it will be accomplished.
- The project budget, including information on funds from other sources and a detailed allocation of funds requested from the Carver Trust.
- A statement describing why participation of the Carver Trust is vital to the success of the project.
- A plan for evaluating the project as outlined in the project reporting and evaluation page of this web-site.
- Information on possible sources of funding after the grant period concludes.
- A copy of the applicant organization’s most recent audited financial statement.
- Proof of 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status as determined by the I.R.S.
The Board of Trustees considers grant requests at quarterly meetings, with grant payments distributed semi-annually in April and October. Applicant organizations should note the following schedule:
|Submission Deadline||Board Decision*|
|* typically the third Friday in each of these months|